Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Forum Upgrade - Complete

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.
POL

Re: Forum Upgrade - Complete

Post by POL » Wed May 30, 2018 12:00 pm

What do you have in your subscriptions list? ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=subscribed

Skymaster

Post by Skymaster » Wed May 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Well, I've just had another email regarding Marham GR4 Ops, and clicked the link to unsubscribe.

Response...

"An error occurred while trying to unsubscribe"

It's not in my list of subscribed topics, so I'll sign out an back in again, to see if that sorts it all out.

Skymaster

Post by Skymaster » Wed May 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Something's still not right. I only stopped getting emails when I unsubscribed from the setting for 'Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed'.

As soon as I subscribed again, I started getting multiple emails.

I am subscribed to 'UK Heads Up, Movements & OTT', but still shouldn't be getting so many.

If admin could take a look, I'd be grateful.

POL

Post by POL » Wed May 30, 2018 8:56 pm

If you've subscribed to the entire forum section I'm not surprised you're getting so many emails, especially if you've set "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed".

By subscribing to a forum section, you've subscribed to every post in that section, and every time someone replies, you get an email about it, whether or not you've visited it since the last reply or not.

Skymaster

Post by Skymaster » Wed May 30, 2018 9:01 pm

I never used to get so many before the upgrade.

I'd only get one, until I revisited the forum/topic.

Skymaster

Post by Skymaster » Thu May 31, 2018 9:12 am

OK, so last night, I unsubscribed form "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed".

Since then, I've not had any emails at all, despite still being subscribed to 'UK Heads Up, Movements & OTT', where there are new topics.

No emails from Reach flights forum either...

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Apologies for all the delays in looking at this but i've most been away on business or pleasure. Slowly picking away at things, but, list is now as below -

Missing icons on some post types - Should be fixed now, anyone notices any missing icons please let me know - NO FURTHER REPORTS, MARKING CLOSED.
Sticky threads no longer in their own section - fix put in place to separate sticky threads. Need to make minor change to the section title to make it clearer but at least easier to view now - FIXED

Still being looked at -

Mobile theme doesn’t have ‘last post’ column - quick and dirty workaround put in place so that the ‘last post’ column is visible on mobile phones however this only works in landscape mode. It is unlikely that a resolution for portrait mode will be found at this time.
Mobile theme header images out of position - being investigated (this includes iPad screens)
Desktop theme ‘last post’ column small - particularly noticeable on larger screens. The size of the column has been increased and just working on making the post title section longer so that it isn’t truncated
Left hand column of posts too large - not started, need to look in to
Understanding icons post to be updated - it's many years out of date, will work on an updated one based on this version of the board
Skymasters email issue - still to be looked at but no other reports that i know of

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 pm

New 'understanding icons' post has been added as a sticky.

vader

Post by vader » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:29 am

You can also modify style in content.css file

Code: Select all

.postprofile {
width: 12%;
}
.postbody {
width: 85%;
}
responsive.css