Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Registration difficulties.

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.
Tiger-G

Registration difficulties.

Post by Tiger-G » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi,

I registered to join the forum on the 5th March and got an email saying that my account is currently inactive and needs to be approved. I thought registration may have taken a day or two, but I had still not received a notification by today (10th March).

While I was waiting for registration, I thought I would try and get in touch with the forum, or someone from the forum, to ask if I'd been forgotten about or if their was a problem. I could not find a way to contact anyone by looking through the forum as an "outsider". I tried the "administrater@fightercontrol.co.uk" email address that came with my registration pending email, but that just bounced back.

Sooooo.........after that some long winded explanation, I suppose what I'm asking is, is there a way for someone who has not been registered to contact the admin team just by looking on the forum ?? Have i just missed it ?? Is there not a contact for a reason ?? Could a contact email address be included somewhere obvious on the forum for an "outsider" to see ??

In the end I had to join the Facebook group and pester Ben to ask what was going on. Big thanks to Ben for quickly registering me :clap:

Many thanks,
Graeme.

Gary
Administrator

Re: Registration difficulties.

Post by Gary » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Apologies for the delay in activating the account. Not making excuses up but I work for a haulage firm so with mothers day coming up work has been extremely busy, not spent much time on the forum and one of the other main Administrators is currently out in the US
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Funny this perception that the admins have no lives outside of running the forum eh! :whistle:
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

Tiger-G

Post by Tiger-G » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi,

No need to apologise, Ben sorted it all out for me and explained about admins being busy, away, etc. The point I was politely trying to make was that I just thought I may have been forgotten about, and I could not find a way by looking at the forum as an outsider to contact someone to find out. Maybe if it said in the initial registration reply email that it may take some time for the registration process to go through, I would have been more patient ?? ;-)

And Mark............that's why you get paid the big bucks, for being at our beck and call ;-)

Cheers,
Graeme.

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm

I'm not an admin, just defending their rights not to be at our beck and call and maybe people should appreciate more the fact that this forum isn't their 24hrs per day occupation and that they do have lives and no pay for what they do. However it wasn't directed at you specifically, as it's quite a general perception! :thumb:
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

C24

Post by C24 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:51 pm

:roll:

Only five days to get registered on a w/site run by volunteers? ;)

FC has been in existence for years. What took you so long to decide to join? Anyway, post your pictures and join in the fun on this friendly site.
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Tiger-G

Post by Tiger-G » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Boy, I'm getting some stick for trying to politely highlight the difficulties of trying to register on the forum as an outsider, with no knowledge of how the forum runs :'(

So I'll politely say it again, in case what I was saying was taken the wrong way:

If it said on the "Welcome to FC" email when you register that registration could take up to however long because the forum is ran by volunteers who may be very busy / on holiday, etc, then I would have known it could take some time ;)

I couldn't find a way of getting in touch with the forum to ask if I'd been mislaid or forgotten about because looking from the outside in, there are no obvious email addresses to contact. And the welcome email address (administrator@fightercontrol.co.uk) just bounced back.

That's me done on the subject, I was just trying to be helpful and explain how it looks from the outside looking in :)

Yours politely,
Graeme.

C24

Post by C24 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:42 am

Graeme
Your time will come! The w/site is nearly perfect, sadly most of us contributing are not. :D have fun.
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Return to “Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information”