Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Changes to the UK Heads Up, Movements & OTT section access

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.
Zymurgy661

Re: Changes to the UK Heads Up, Movements & OTT section acce

Post by Zymurgy661 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:07 pm

All interesting conversation and reading. However, interesting to note that for the 3 months that this has been in action (and only for new members - it has not yet been applied to existing members) it seems only 1 person affected by the ruling has posted about it in this thread, the remainder of posts are all by those above the 5 post count rule. And, to reiterate, 5 posts on the other however many (sorry, too lazy to count tonight!) sections of the forum isn't really a big ask, is it? Plenty of photo threads are posted which i'm sure the original posters would appreciate feedback on, there is also the newbie section where a simple hello followed by thanks for the welcome gets you 40% of minimum post requirement.

For those interested in stats -

583 people have registered and been accepted since this rule was put in place of which 227 haven't even visited the site since they registered and were accepted. That leave 356 who have registered, been accepted and visited the site. Of these 356 -

Just 81 have posted at least 1 time
29 have posted 5 times or more

By my calculations that means around 86% of registered and accepted people haven't posted at all since being accepted. For the admin team, even just the accepted users during that time frame represents considerable time to activate with the checks that are carried out and i would estimate that around 5 times more have attempted to register than have been accepted (during the busy months/exercises this can easily sink an hour or two every other night).

For now, the 5 post limit to access the Heads Up and OTT section will remain in place. There are currently no plans to increase this any higher as (in my opinion) that would be potentially a step too far.

cocker

Post by cocker » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:08 pm

been without a laptop for weeks only just seen this thread id better get typing !

sonic boom

Post by sonic boom » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:30 am

sonic boom. everything tells me i am registered unlil i go UK Heads up then it will not let me in.

rh226

Post by rh226 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:41 am

sonic boom,

As stated in the last sentence of two posts above yours, you will need to have made a total of 5 posts in other sections before you will get access to the "Heads Up".

Regards,

Bob

Return to “Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information”