Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

User Profile Image

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.
Joe

User Profile Image

Post by Joe » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Hello Guys
Firstly Well Done Folks , Its Looking Good!

When trying to upload an image to show on my user profile I keep getting image to big message, any idea's as to what im doing wrong or how I can make the image file smaller?

Cheers
Joe :S
Canon 7D+flashgun and grip
Canon 18-135mm
Nikon D5000
Nikkor 18 mm-55mm
PRS-282
TBC Sigma 150-500mm

MikeB
Administrator

Re: User Profile Image

Post by MikeB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:54 pm

Joe wrote:Hello Guys
Firstly Well Done Folks , Its Looking Good!

When trying to upload an image to show on my user profile I keep getting image to big message, any idea's as to what im doing wrong or how I can make the image file smaller?

Cheers
Joe :S
What software are you using to resize the image? - Most peices of software have a "save for web feature" use that and it will make your file size smaller.

Cheers,
Mike

Vulcan7

Post by Vulcan7 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:06 pm

If not, I use paint to do mine; presuming your talking about your avatar?

I re-size mine in paint by using the Image-Resize/Skew and typing smaller numbers into the horizontal and vertical boxes until the image gets to a reasonable size. To check the height and width of your image to check that it is within the forum limits (130x130) I go on Image-Attributes and it gives you the width and height of your image in pixels :thumb:

Hope this helps, if not, tell us what your getting stuck on :D

Joe

MikeB
Administrator

Post by MikeB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:01 pm

I think Joe is talking about the file size. We have a limit installed, which is 24kb.

Mike

Vulcan7

Post by Vulcan7 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Aah, I misunderstood. In any case, if the image is resized as I do it, it should reduce the filesize too. My avatar was taken with my D60 and resized as I described which reduced the filesize sufficiently.

Joe

jim bewdley

Post by jim bewdley » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:33 am

Hi All, I had trouble setting an avtar. I copied the picture of the A1 Pacific "Tornado". I then resized it in Infran View to 130 pix. Unfortunatley the file size was inexcess of 24kb so was rejected. The problem being (as was pointed out to me) is, I'd saved the pic; as a Bitmap image, which is a larger file size than JPEG. Re-saving the file as JPEG solved the problem. I expect most of you know this, but for those of you who've reached my dizzy depths of computer skills I hope this may help..Take care..Kindest..Jim.. :) .....

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks for the update on your problem Jim.

Dunk

Return to “Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information”