Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Is there a time delay on ASDB ?

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.

Is there a time delay on ASDB ?

Postby pwhite » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:41 am

About half an hour ago i saw what appeared to be a Puma heading S West over Manorbier.
Cotam 1360, S/n2377 a S,Puma is now showing intermittently on ASDB in the general area.
Is it the same one?
pwhite

Re: Is there a time delay on ASDB ?

Postby TeeJay » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:37 am

Have found there is a time/position delay of 30sec to a minute on adsb.
Based on actual aircraft position when ott home, and plot on screen at the time.
TeeJay

Postby davekench » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:54 am

I have just has my SBS-1 and ADS-B running twin screened and they are exactly the same here in Surrey.

Dave
davekench

Postby C-Harvey » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:49 am

Hi pwhite, etc
I also get a delay between visual & screen view. watching both ADSB and 360 for the same visual aircraft the delay varies between both too. Sometimes ADSB and 360 do not register the same aircraft.
Remember; learn by rote. ;-)
C-Harvey

Postby dervish » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:42 am

Won't this depend largely on how the aircraft is being tracked? If it's transmitting a position and that is being fed to an online system the display should be quick. On the other hand, if the plot is relying on multilateration then the position can become erratic and may take time to process depending on the number of receivers supplying suitable data at any given moment.

I've no idea what 'ASDB' is to compare it with anything else - possibly some online system?
dervish

Postby EGVP » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 am

ADS-B Exchange: https://www.adsbexchange.com/
360Radar: https://360radar.co.uk/

There are others too but I can't remember them off the top of my head
EGVP

Postby Skymaster » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 am

Server loads are the most likely cause. A slow network connection somewhere won't help.

There are a number of factors which may cause problems, such as feeder data being out of sync.

The latitude and longitude, plus the time clock of the feeder's receiver have to be spot-on as well.
Skymaster

Return to Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information