Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Tapatalk - does anyone use it?

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.

Do you use Tapatalk?

Yes, I use Tapatalk and rely on it to browse FC
14%
Yes, I use Tapatalk but only rarely
6%
No, I don't use it
80%

Total votes: 107

Zymurgy661

Tapatalk - does anyone use it?

Post by Zymurgy661 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Some may or may not be aware that FC currently supports an app called Tapatalk which is designed to help users navigate the forum when using mobile devices.

My question is - how many actually use, and rely upon, this application for browsing FC?

For a future forum software upgrade it is highly likely that we will no longer be able to support this so looking to understand the impact. Feel free to only use the poll provided however more detailed comments can be added if needed.

POL

Re: Tapatalk - does anyone use it?

Post by POL » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Used to use Tapatalk a long time ago, when mobile screen resolution was an issue, but with 1080p and 4K phone resolutions now becoming the norm, I've not touched it for a few years.

Dan D'Air

Post by Dan D'Air » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:07 pm

I use it every day to keep up with what's occurring. If it goes, I'll really miss it. I ask the powers that be to try and keep Tapatalk supported on any upgrades.
Maybe this thread should be bumped to a more viewed part of FC. Few people are looking at it.
Dan
"Shakin the tree boss, shakin the tree"

jeroenbeijer

Post by jeroenbeijer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:47 am

I use it all the time, I find it a lot easier to browse and post from my mobile using tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

chrisov

Post by chrisov » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:56 pm

Use nearly all the time to keep up.
Only use laptop at home.
Say about 95% tapatalk 5% laptop.
Having said that tapatalk can be a right pain with trying to start new posts or reply.

Voodoo1

Post by Voodoo1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 pm

I use Tapatalk daily to keep up with the goings on within the forum. It's a really useful app without too much hassle, also very handy for when out and about especially over airshow or event weekends. I only ever log on to a laptop or PC for the forum if I'm starting a thread myself or I'm already browsing the net.
However as EVGP mentioned you can still view the forum through the browser so if the forum decides to remove Tapatalk then it's not the end of the world. However it is harder to view on a mobile screen.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

jeroenbeijer

Post by jeroenbeijer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:58 am

Just wondering if there has been any further developments with regards to Tapatalk support. I use it all the time and I think it would be a shame to loose this means of accessing and posting. I will be the first to admit that Tapatalk has its issues at times though and since last night I am unable to access FC through the app, I get "Network Error, please try again later" when I try to login. Has there been any changes on the FC side?

Cheers,

Jeroen

bob909

Post by bob909 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:26 am

I'm having the same problem. I use taptalk as its the only way I can stay up to date on so many topics on this forum.
This forum is not mobile friendly via the website in my opinion. Hope there's a quick fix!

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:51 pm

So five comments in heavy favour of keeping it but only three votes for the first option!

EGNV

Post by EGNV » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:15 pm

I use the option at the top of the main web page " View new posts" to keep up to date with the on goings of the forum on a daily basis.

I have personally never used Tap talk and don't intend to.

Please can someone highlight what Tap Talk allows you to do?

I agree with EGVP.....the size of screens and the resolution now available on hand held devices makes using the web browser straight forward.

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:30 pm

I almost exclusively view this forum on my phone and find it very mobile friendly on 3G, 4G and Wi Fi
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

jeroenbeijer

Post by jeroenbeijer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Maybe I have fat fingers but I feel that tapatalk has a much better look and feel when on a mobile. It is much easier to navigate and post information. I find that I constantly have to zoom in and out when browsing and or clicking around in a regular browser and my mobile is by no means small. I guess its a matter of taste. In any case my question remains as to why it seems to have stopped working since last night.

Dan D'Air

Post by Dan D'Air » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:48 pm

So, is that it for Tapatalk.
I'll be annoyed if FC does not now support it.
Dan

Ghostrider01

Post by Ghostrider01 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:19 am

For me Tapatalk was the better solution for viewing FC on a mobile device. I know there are many opinions on the continuing evolution of the user interface of Tapatalk but in fairness you cant keep all of the people happy all of the time.

Until a few days ago it worked very well too but, as per the last few posts here, there seems to be some connectivity issues between FC & Tapatalk.

Is there anybody using the latest release of Tapatalk (7.1.6 - Android) successfully viewing the FC forum ? and would anybody know if the issue (I get Network Error when trying to login via Tapatalk) is on the FC side or Tapatalk side ?

Rgds

Ghostrider01

POL

Post by POL » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:46 am

When Tapatalk launch an update, they often end up breaking something. They don't really do "backwards compatibility".

I'd imagine the admins simply need to update the Tapatalk plugin for the forum; but that may not be particularly simple to do...

Ghostrider01

Post by Ghostrider01 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:50 am

Thanks for the insight EGVP - appreciated.

I'll wait patiently for it to work once more.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Never have used it: never will use it :unsure:

I for one, though, would hate to think of any FC member not being able to see a post, reply to a post, or indeed submit a post just because a certain method is no longer supported :(

Surely any current probs can be sorted by a boffin on this forum ;)
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Dan D'Air

Post by Dan D'Air » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Tapatalk - Fighter Control, still isn't working.
Are there any Admin. teccies with an answer please?
Dan

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:24 am

We haven’t made any changes to the forum so can only assume that Tapatalk have made a change their end which has resulted in it not working

chrisov

Post by chrisov » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:17 pm

I use(d) it all the time but havn't been able to connect for a while lately.
From the last comment I assume that there is no willingness from FC to get reinstated via tapatalk and I appreciate that you cant keep chasing tapatalk every time they make a change?
If so while I will be dissapointed but accept that this is what the majaroty want so I will just have to live with it.

Return to “Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information”