Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Tapatalk - does anyone use it?

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.

Do you use Tapatalk?

Yes, I use Tapatalk and rely on it to browse FC
5%
Yes, I use Tapatalk but only rarely
7%
No, I don't use it
89%

Total votes : 61

Tapatalk - does anyone use it?

Postby Zymurgy661 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Some may or may not be aware that FC currently supports an app called Tapatalk which is designed to help users navigate the forum when using mobile devices.

My question is - how many actually use, and rely upon, this application for browsing FC?

For a future forum software upgrade it is highly likely that we will no longer be able to support this so looking to understand the impact. Feel free to only use the poll provided however more detailed comments can be added if needed.
Zymurgy661

Re: Tapatalk - does anyone use it?

Postby EGVP » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Used to use Tapatalk a long time ago, when mobile screen resolution was an issue, but with 1080p and 4K phone resolutions now becoming the norm, I've not touched it for a few years.
EGVP

Postby Dan D'Air » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:07 pm

I use it every day to keep up with what's occurring. If it goes, I'll really miss it. I ask the powers that be to try and keep Tapatalk supported on any upgrades.
Maybe this thread should be bumped to a more viewed part of FC. Few people are looking at it.
Dan.
Alinco DJ X3
Olympus E400
Dan D'Air

Postby jeroenbeijer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:47 am

I use it all the time, I find it a lot easier to browse and post from my mobile using tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
jeroenbeijer

Postby chrisov » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:56 pm

Use nearly all the time to keep up.
Only use laptop at home.
Say about 95% tapatalk 5% laptop.
Having said that tapatalk can be a right pain with trying to start new posts or reply.
chrisov

Postby Voodoo1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 pm

I use Tapatalk daily to keep up with the goings on within the forum. It's a really useful app without too much hassle, also very handy for when out and about especially over airshow or event weekends. I only ever log on to a laptop or PC for the forum if I'm starting a thread myself or I'm already browsing the net.
However as EVGP mentioned you can still view the forum through the browser so if the forum decides to remove Tapatalk then it's not the end of the world. However it is harder to view on a mobile screen.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Voodoo1

Return to Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information