Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Mil Formations over Hull mid 2005

Please post any movements and activity around the RAF/RN Weapons ranges.
Cornish-guy

Mil Formations over Hull mid 2005

Post by Cornish-guy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:24 pm

I posted already about this elsewhere in the forum, but around mid 2005 June-Sep(sorry cant be more exact lost my logs) over several days i saw formations of many aircraft flying wave after wave over Hull East Riding, they were quite high up at least 20.000 feet and flying N-NW, I have been searching the web for these but have had no luck, i know there was an exercise on at Spadeadam for a Wycome exercise, but apart from reading a site about that exercise, i have not been able to find a full log for the two days of fly overs i saw :'(

I would be very grateful if anyone can sort me out this missing info.

cornish
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

Cornish-guy

Re: Mil Formations over Hull mid 2005

Post by Cornish-guy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:22 pm

79 views - and not one reply :'(

Come on folks.

cornish

Andyph

Post by Andyph » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:07 pm

The aircraft flew from there home bases so what makes you think that any spotters there would have known if they were exercise traffic or not.

Your only slight chance would have been if someone was at Spade - noted the attacking formations and cross referenced them with any airfield logs (it is next to impossible to log anything at spade)

Even that would have been next to impossible as (if I remember right) formations switched to 'Mission' callsigns once they went tactical

Hopefully you have your answer!

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Andyph wrote:The aircraft flew from there home bases so what makes you think that any spotters there would have known if they were exercise traffic or not.

Your only slight chance would have been if someone was at Spade - noted the attacking formations and cross referenced them with any airfield logs (it is next to impossible to log anything at spade)

Even that would have been next to impossible as (if I remember right) formations switched to 'Mission' callsigns once they went tactical

Hopefully you have your answer!

Thanks for the reply, i had wondered if people may have followed any interesting movements from the Wash area up to Tyne, and done the same as with current deployments aka the Fairford movements where a good feed of info and plotting of aircraft is on here, i had wondered if any of the local waddington or further north spotters may have followed these movements.

cornish

Return to “RAF and RN Weapon Ranges”