Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A Few More Ultra-Wide Angle Views Of London………

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Pen Pusher

A Few More Ultra-Wide Angle Views Of London………

Post by Pen Pusher » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:00 pm

…..with a Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D Ultra-Wide Angle Lens.

Following on from my first outing with the Laowa 9mm lens along the north bank of the Thames from Westminster towards Tower Bridge, I had another couple of trips out with it under differing lighting conditions of wall to wall cloud and flat light and wall to wall blue sky and sunshine.

Paddle Steamer Dixie Queen and Elizabethan at Butler’s Wharf Pier.

New Concordia Wharf - Tide in.

New Concordia Wharf - Tide out.

Looking straight up at The Circle housing development, along Queen Elizabeth Street, SE1.

Chinese Wedding photography party at More London.

Another Chinese Wedding photography party this time outside No 51 & 52 Bankside, next to Tate Modern. The building is Grade II listed and dates back to 1712. No 51, the yellow door, was the Provost’s Lodging and the official residence of the Dean of Southwark Cathedral. When the Dean died in 2011, No.51 was put on the market for £6 million.

Blowing bubbles on Bankside outside Tate Modern.

Seconds after I took this the bubble exploded when it touched my lens hood. I found out at this point that the water repellant coating on the lens, which Laowa calls “Frog Eye Coating”, actually works as advertised.

Underside of Blackfriars rail bridge looking east towards the city.

Aviva motor yacht with the sail training ship Lord Nelson tied up on the other side of the river.

Garden Barge Square where there have been moorings for over 200 years.

The tide had been out but was on the turn so I took the opportunity to wander around the foreshore near and under Tower Bridge.

Yes another Chinese Wedding photography party, also taking advantage of the tide being out.

HMS Belfast.

McLaren 720S - RRP £208,600.

Anchor points on the south side of the Thames, next to Tate Modern, for the Millenium Bridge.

The slowly disappearing under scaffolding and plastic sheeting, Palace of Westminster.

Entrance to the Churchill War Rooms under HM Treasury on Horse Guards Road.

Horse Guards Parade.

The new Piccadilly Lights advertising screen was officially switched on in October 2017 and replaced the old individual screens with one large state-of-the-art LED screen.

Just need to try the lens on a night shoot now.

Sony a6500 APS-C Camera + Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D Ultra-Wide Angle Lens.

Nighthawke

Re: A Few More Ultra-Wide Angle Views Of London………

Post by Nighthawke » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Great set Brian - once again showing some less well known or less-noticed aspects of London. Look forward to some night shots.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Yet again a great set of shots. I love the cloudscape on the first image of the paddle steamer.

kingsown

Post by kingsown » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:40 pm

Fantastic shots love the bubbles and the river side shots you make the capital look a very interesting place to visit

PeteHemsley

Post by PeteHemsley » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:35 am

Just look at those horrible screens hiding beautiful architecture. What a shame.

Return to “General Photography”