Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Bimbling Around Camden Town, London ~ 15Jun18

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:15 pm

I took the tube on the Northern Line from King’s Cross to Chalk Farm and then walked the two miles or so back to King’s Cross via Mornington Crescent as I wanted a look at the Egyption-style art deco exterior of the former Carreras Cigarette Factory, the home of Black Cat cigarettes. Another bimble at another time for that one when I have a very wide angle lens with me. In the order taken

Just outside Chalk Farm tube station is the Round House, a Grade II listed entertainment venue. Built by the London and North Western Railway in 1847 as a covered railway engine shed with a turntable inside.

Grade II listed Camden Stables, now called Stables Market, was built in 1854. It is a network of former stable blocks, horse tunnels, tack rooms, saddler’s workshops and a hospital for horses that were used for moving railway trucks and carriages around in the adjoining railway goods yard.

The number of horses stabled over the years ranged for 400 to 800 at its peak. The last horse retired from shunting in 1967.

One of the many murals depicting activities that took place in the stables.

Entrance to Cyberdog a store which sells rave wear, fluorescent dance clothing and associated accessories.

Entrance to Millennia-Camden Store selling all sorts of Sci-Fi, comics, TV, film and gaming merchandise

Over 450 shops and stalls are housed in the stables selling a variety of antiquarian and unique items from clothing, accessories and jewellery to furniture, food and clothing.

The entrance to Horse Tunnel Market……..

….and some of the horse stalls under the railway arches.

Prince Mural in Camden Lock place.

Regents Canal entrance to Camden Market.

Gratuitous tourist shot of Camden Locks.

Having crossed over Regents Canal the shops along Camden High Street have a distinct way of advertising their wares.

The Mad Hatters Tea Party on Camden High Street.

Sony a6500 APS-C Camera + Sony E16-70mm f4 ZA OSS Vario-Tessar Carl Zeiss T* Lens

Brian

Knife 04

Re: Bimbling Around Camden Town, London ~ 15Jun18

Post by Knife 04 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:27 pm

Very colourful Brian and great coverage of the land of 'Jazzie B' & Soul II Soul!

The mural of Prince is probably in tribute to the star who used to play alot of 'Hit & Run' gigs in the Electric Ballroom (unannounced, small concerts after the main event had finished at Earls Court etc). Prince also had a shop in Camden from 1994 to 1996

Cheers for posting

kingsown

Post by kingsown » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Stunning I had to show the wife these I,d love to go bimbling about with you thanks for showing I find all your posts very interesting and deserve more comments

gyvespa

Post by gyvespa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:25 pm

We go to Brighton quite regularly (wife is from the area).
I thought the shops there were over the top.
There’s some good graffiti in The Lanes, if that’s your thing.

Excellent photos again.

herc15

Post by herc15 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:27 pm

went to camden today it was heaving with people. you were lucky to get such clear views around the lock

Return to “General Photography”