Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Of Best Laid Plans ~ London Night Shoot 25Feb18

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Pen Pusher

Of Best Laid Plans ~ London Night Shoot 25Feb18

Post by Pen Pusher » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Due to filming around Broadgate/Bishopsgate/London Liverpool Street Station my original night shoot locations were not available so I’ll save that night shoot for another night shoot. Resorted to Plan B and went for a bimble along the river to Vauxhall and back. I was using my Samyang 12mm/f2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle Lens. Not used the lens much as I wasn’t into manual focusing when I got it, even though I started my career in photography using manual focus, but don’t have a problem with that now. I quite enjoyed manual focusing even if it did take a bit longer to take a photograph. Left the hotel at 4pm and got back just before 10pm in the order taken.

Lloyds of London Building from St Helen’s Square with the open, exposed entrance to The Leadenhall Building to the right.
Standing in the middle of Lime Street, it’s closed off at both ends, and looking straight up at Lloyds of London and the Willis Building.
As part of ‘Sculpture in the City’, with exhibits changing each year, Damien Hirst’s ‘Temple’(2008) is a 21-foot high painted bronze sculpture which has been standing on Cullum Street near The Leadenhall Market for most of 2017.
The Sherlock Holmes Pub is a Victorian themed pub in Northumberland Street and when it was known as the Northumberland Arms Hotel, is said to have featured in a couple of Sherlock Holmes stories. When the hotel closed it was refurbished by Whitbread & Co and opened as The Sherlock Holmes in 1957.
Beats kissing under the mistletoe. What you can’t see is their camera on a small tripod between the bollards with the shutter release on a timer.
Railway viaduct over Black Prince Road which is near to the old Royal Doulton’s site and the walls of the tunnel are lined with themed Doulton pottery mosaics.
Bondway Bus Station, Vauxhall, Lambeth, is adjacent to the mainline and underground stations. Opened in 2004, the two cantileverd arms contain solar panels that provide the bus station with a third of the electricity it uses.
I’m sure I saw this building get blown up on television over Christmas. 85 Albert Embankment marked on Google maps as ‘MI6 SIS’ (Secret Intelligence Service).
Tate Britain adding a touch of warmth in colour on a bitterly cold winter’s evening.
The Cenotaph, a stone war memorial unveiled in 1920 and the location of the annual National Service of Remembrance.
No.11 & No.12 Waterloo Place, St James’s, London a 1913 Edwardian Baroque style building.
Where the Neal’s Yard Remedies shop now stands the offices above were once the studios and editing suite for Python Films. On the wall is a blue plaque, along the top edge it reads ‘Animation Editing and Recording Studios’ and in the centre ‘Monty Python, Film Maker, Lived Here, 1976-1987.

Sony Alpha a6300 CSC + Samyang 12mm/f2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle Lens - Hand held, manual settings, manual focus, RAW.

Brian

baz1

Re: Of Best Laid Plans ~ London Night Shoot 25Feb18

Post by baz1 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:36 pm

what can I say Brian but yet again fantastic pics always look forward to see what you come up with in your wonderings, thanks for posting and keep up the good work.
Comfortably Numb

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Brian - your content and quality never cease to inspire me. Great set as always.

Hunter49

Post by Hunter49 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:22 pm

Thanks BRIAN keep them coming , great pics! ROB

awacsfan

Post by awacsfan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:13 am

Wow, I'm really impressed by your brilliant photography - absolutely outstanding! Thank you for the fine pictures!

herc15

Post by herc15 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:07 pm

outstanding as always

Return to “General Photography”