Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Lossiemouth Lighthouse at Night

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Phil H

Lossiemouth Lighthouse at Night

Post by Phil H » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Multi-exposure night photograph of the Alan Stevenson designed lighthouse at Covesea, which was commissioned in 1846 and de-commissioned in 2012. The structure in now under the care of Covesea Lighthouse Community Company Ltd

ImageCovesea Lighthouse Night Illuminations @ Lossiemouth, 08 October 2017 by Phillip Hapka, on Flickr
Last edited by Phil H on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
' Lift me up where I belong - where the eagles fly '

Punkrunner62

Re: Lighthouse at Night

Post by Punkrunner62 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Covesea Lighthouse the backdrop to many an image taken on 23 approach at Lossiemouth,though never looking like that.
Cheers.

Phil H

Re: Lossiemouth Lighthouse at Night

Post by Phil H » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Thanks for looking and for your comments, Punkrunner62

Yes most of us have aviation photos from RAF Lossiemouth, with the lighthouse in the background. It is a structure that is synonymous with the base.

While on a couple nights stay, in the area, I noticed the coloured illuminations, which came on circa 11pm for a couple of hours. I only had my trusty bridge camera, with no tripod, so the photo was hand-held - with the right equipment, I probably could have done better.
' Lift me up where I belong - where the eagles fly '

Punkrunner62

Re: Lossiemouth Lighthouse at Night

Post by Punkrunner62 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Superb work for hand-held,i took 30 odd shots of the Polish AF Gulfstream at Aberdeen between 05.30-06.12 and only managed to salvage 3 and that was hand-held so well done to you.
Cheers.

Return to “General Photography”