Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

London Bimble

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Pen Pusher

London Bimble

Post by Pen Pusher » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:16 pm

The Merchant Navy Memorial in Trinity Square Gardens with the former Port Of London Authority building in the background.

Not what you would normally expect to see coming out of St Katharine Docks.

Shad Thames, to the rear of Butlers Wharf.

Tourist type shot of Tower Bridge.

To celebrate 'Year of Mexico' in the UK, a pop-up interactive and immersive exhibition is on Potters Fields Park between City Hall and Tower Bridge until the 11th March. Outside were a couple of 'Sculptures'.

Ship's sculpture inside Hays Galleria.

Cast Iron roof detail of Borough Market, Southwark, built mostly under the overhead railway lines and known for selling British-reared meat and artisanal baked and dairy goods. Another visit is on the books.

Another tourist type shot of the Millennium Bridge with St Paul's dome in the background.

Unofficial skateboarding venue apparently dating from the 1970s in the undercroft of the South Bank Centre. There are a few more skater there at the weekends.

As part of the 'History is Now' exhibition taking place at the Hayward Gallery, in the South Bank Centre, a Bloodhound Missile is on display outside as an art installation!.

Yet another tourist shot, this time of the London Eye.

From the 28th March until the 25th May, Shaun the Sheep sculptures will be on display at London Riverside, inside Hays Galleria, Outside Tate Modern and The Globe Theater.

Sony A7II camera with a Sony FE16-35mm f4 ZA OSS Vario-Tessar T* Lens.

Brian

Sparts99

Re: London Bimble

Post by Sparts99 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:30 pm

Borough Market is fantastic for photography when all the stalls are there, but it can get very crowded, I used to go there in my lunchtime from work.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Velvet Glove

Post by Velvet Glove » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:37 pm

I do enjoy the wider-angle perspectives. Nice set. Appreciated!

somerset

Post by somerset » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Love those buddy . Did you make it to Leeke street the countries first legal graffitti zone ?

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Shame to say I've never heard of Leake Street but having just Googled it (other search engines are available :D ) it's on my to visit list. Thanks for that.

Brian

Contrail1958

Post by Contrail1958 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:48 am

Lovely shots Brian please keep bimbling :thumb:

somerset

Post by somerset » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:02 am

I love Leeke Street always something new along with a few classic bits not to much of a walk from where you were

Return to “General Photography”