Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Windows 10 compatibility for MSFS

If you want to chat about anything to do with Flight simulation in all formats and categories, please post here
flicknife

Windows 10 compatibility for MSFS

Post by flicknife » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:51 am

Hi All,

Probalby a bit early yet to ask this question, but has anyone investigated the compatibility of MSFS9 and MSFSX with Windows 10 yet. I watched the BBC News' 'Click' program last night, and they said everything else bar compatibilty with software using earlier versions of Windows, such as XP, that was declared as ancient or Windows 7, which is the one I'm using at the moment.

We have all encountered the trouble with MSFS software and Windows 8, but in developing Windows 10, have Microsoft reverted to using what can be likened to a uprated Windows 7, using 7's program 'architecture' as the format for '10?

I hope everyone has the same sentiments as I do, in that the 'simmers' amongst us are not left 'high and dry' as you were (Or in my case, could have been had I gone for upgrade), with the same once again.

Bill (Flicknife)

POL

Re: Windows 10 compatibility for MSFS

Post by POL » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

Worked fine with FSX and Prepar3D V2 when I had those installed. Not used FS2004 for a very long time, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.

Saying that, they all worked in Windows 8 and 8.1 for me. The only issue I had with FSX in Windows 8.1 was that after a while, my joystick would become unresponsive. CTRL+ALT+DEL then ESC would fix it, but it's not a great solution. This issue didn't exist in the tech preview of Windows 10.

Windows 10 is not based on Windows 7, it's not even based on Windows 8/8.1 particularly.

POL

Post by POL » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Just upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 with no issues, and it upgraded to Pro which was nice! :D Not got a flight simulator installed to test it though, sorry.

Garysb

Post by Garysb » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Return to “Flight Simulation General Chat”