Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FS2004 to FSX - conversion of a/c and add-on scenery folders

If you want to chat about anything to do with Flight simulation in all formats and categories, please post here
flicknife

FS2004 to FSX - conversion of a/c and add-on scenery folders

Post by flicknife » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi All,

I've been using my FS2004 for some time now, and sadly, I will need to step up to FSX. Three things concerned me, firstly the compatibility issues between Windows 8 and FSX, and despite everyone saying Windows 8 is better, I'd feel better sticking to something that is tried and tested, for the time being anyway.

The other two are a little bit more worrying. As you might imagine, I have got a fair few aircraft, mainly drivers for the AI, but others which are for use normally. A number of them I have 'personalised', and thus will not be distributed without permission, and it is with the level of work put in to these in particular that I do not want to lose, or be forced into starting from scratch again. It is the same with the Add-On scenery, can these have the same process tagged to them when the upgrade from FS2004 to FSX takes place?

Any help in removing these concerns will be gratefully appreciated.

Bill

flicknife

Re: FS2004 to FSX - conversion of a/c and add-on scenery fol

Post by flicknife » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Gary,

Cheers

Bill (Flicknife)

flicknife

Decent Freeware Tu-22

Post by flicknife » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi All,

Got me a Bear,Blackjack, etc. does anyone know of a good Backfire. Kazanori Itos example is good, but flaps deploy when wing are fully forward without input. I would like one that lacks this ideosyncracy if possible.

Ta

Flicknife

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Re: FS2004 to FSX - conversion of a/c and add-on scenery fol

Post by garyscott » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:34 pm

RE: The kaz ito backfire flaps etc, you can edit the cfg files of any aircraft to alter visual movements. Im out of the FS world now for quite some time, but i used to do it a lot to properly reflect actual wing sweep and flap and slat settings. If you are able to, open the cfg file of the kaz backfire, highlight and copy the entire cfg file details and post up here, or PM it to me, and i should be able to sort it out easy enough.

Return to “Flight Simulation General Chat”