Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Military AI help!

For all your questions and answers regarding FS2004 (FS9) and FSX.
If you have problems, post them here....
profile_m

Military AI help!

Post by profile_m » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi All,

I am running FS9 and I want to get some military AI stuff flying around but I have no idea what to do in order to do it. Where do I put the AI aircraft files? How do I make them fly from say Leeming to Coningsby or wherever?

I know I could probably look on the internet but tried this and didn't really find a huge amount of useful stuff so I was hoping someone could post a quick step by step guide for me? Sorry, bit of a beginner where this is concerned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martyn
Its time to kick the tyres and light the fires!

Member of the Cotswold Airshow Events Team

davem

Re: Military AI help!

Post by davem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Best bet if you do not want to get into the long and drawn out process of learning it is to nip over to the MAIW website and download all the UK packages they have there.

They all come in installers that put stuff in the right place in FS9 and full instructions as to how to tweak stuff if necessary.

DIY is time consuming and can be incredibly frustrating. You're better off getting some of these packages working and then getting AIFP2 (freeware) and using the existing flightplans and changing them to suit your requirements eg changing bases or aircraft and timings rather than starting from scratch.

profile_m

Post by profile_m » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Cheers Dave, that sounds like just the thing I need! Simple and straight forward :thumb:

profile_m

Post by profile_m » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Ok, downloaded some MAIW packages and installed them without a problem. The AI aircraft are there on the ground but none of them seem to be flying around? I tell a lie I did see 1 tutor in the circuit at Church Fenton? Do you think something is wrong? Should I be seeing more traffic? Just a note, traffic density is set to 100%.

Any ideas?

zacwatson

Post by zacwatson » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:30 pm

I dont use Military Ai or any AI traffic at all because I fly on VATSIM, but what I know I think all the aircraft have timetables e.g. take-off 13:50GMT 2 circuits, then will go to another place and land. Something like that.

Also im not sure but I think in the manual or some document there may be a timetable for the aircraft movements.

Hope this helped

Zac
Canon 500D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 50mm F1.8
Canon 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS USM
Grecom PSR-295

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zacwatsonphotography/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=4155" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vWg Cdr of 99Sqn at http://www.vRAF.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on VATSIM

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Post by garyscott » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Some of the airfields do not have major amounts of traffic, and with MAIW, traffic levels are also "day dependant" ie - not a lot airborne over the weekend! Check that the date you are flying in FS is midweek or something, also (depending on what packs you have installed) try a "major" base such as Coningsby, you will be swamped with traffic and trying to join in the pattern can be at times - "interesting"! I have about 90% of the MAIW packs installed, and it can get extremely busy at places such as Coningsby, Lakenheath, Mildenhall, Boscombe Down, Yeovilton, Brize, Warton, you name it! And thats just the UK!!
Dont forget though that the packs (most) come with scenery also, that you MUST enable to see (you enable as you do other addon scenery).

:thumb:

profile_m

Post by profile_m » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Thanks guys. I hadn't thought to make sure it was a week day etc! Will gice it another go and amend the date and see what happens :thumb:

profile_m

Post by profile_m » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Yep, that worked. Took off from Coningsby swiftly followed by a Tornado and a Jag :thumbs:

Must have been flying on a Sunday before!

Return to “Flight Simulator Technical Board”