Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Old game

For all your questions and answers regarding FS2004 (FS9) and FSX.
If you have problems, post them here....
chinook

Old game

Post by chinook » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:55 pm

I have finally managed to get hold of an old 1955/8 game of FA-18 Korea. Everything on it runs perfect and I have sound and pictures. However it will not open mission editor which makes the game useless.

I got a computer man in to see what he could do but he is unable to open it. I am on windows 8. Has anyone any ideas?

Also is it possible to get a combat flight sim that operates on windows 8.

Johnny

Re: Old game

Post by Johnny » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:26 am

Sorry I'm not of help to you on this but while on the subject of old games the best flight sim game ever is river raid for the Atari 2600

Tinker Toy

Post by Tinker Toy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:16 pm

If you are looking for combat sims then I suggest DCS and BMS 4.33.

DCS is a combat sim with many superbly realistic, fully clickable aircraft. Lots of choice. It is also free to play with two planes, the SU-25T and the TF-51.

BMS 4.33 is a mod for the old Falcon 4.0, so lots of F-16 love. BMS is the finest sim ever made to me. Dynamic campaign and a fully fledged F-16 to be flown in Korea, Israel, Balkans and most of Europe.

Both have fully working mission editors and plenty of content. PM me if you need any help getting them to run.

chinook

Post by chinook » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks Tinker Toy.

I will certainly look these up as I also did have the F-16 at the time.

My computer man could not get FA-18 Korea to fully open. We could get everything except Mission Editor to work. The only answer he has come up with is to have a second computer that is compatible to the older games. For instance it worked on Vista. It would then be possible with the aid of a KVM switch to switch between the 2 computers.

Thanks for the info.

Chinook

Thanks for you info.

Return to “Flight Simulator Technical Board”