Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Vapour circles East of Lossie

Please post movements and activity at any other location not specified above which handles military movements within the United Kingdom.
Tiger 1

Vapour circles East of Lossie

Post by Tiger 1 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi everyone

Noticed approximatley 7 large orbiting vapour circle trails at high altitude over the sea to the East of Lossimouth this morning.

Any of you guys know what aircraft formed them, I was driving Inverness to Aberdeen at the time ( 10am )

Just curious, any help would be very much appreciated.

T1

Lossieloon

Re: Vapour circles East of Lossie

Post by Lossieloon » Wed May 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Also saw these smoke signals in the Moray sky this morning but regret I do not possess the technology to find out what made them. However this afternoon there was continuous sound of some very high fliers (the sky was clear but there was no sign of aircraft) similar to previously when they were practicing dog fighting or dissimilar aircraft training and assume Typhoons were responsible.

Regards

Angus

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Thanks for the reply Lossieloon...I was way to far away to have seen what was making them, by the time I reached Lossie the aircraft had stopped orbiting.

Look quite impresive in the blue skies and lovely warm tempretures today.

T1

normie

Post by normie » Thu May 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Suspect his may have been a AWACS but no proof

Return to “All other areas around the UK”